The LGBT Purge Fund is delighted to announce the Jury for the LGBTQ2+ National Monument. The group of 10 includes experts in the fields of visual arts, landscape architecture, architecture, urban design, as well as LGBT Purge survivors, representatives from key stakeholder groups, and subject-matter specialists. Together, the members also bring diverse LGBTQ2+ voices, BIPOC perspectives, geographic and linguistic diversity, and the outlooks of those in early career stages.
The members include:
- Aaron Betsky, architect
- Maya Desai, urban designer and planner
- Michelle Douglas, Executive Director, LGBT Purge Fund, and LGBT Purge survivor
- Grant Fahlgren, landscape architect
- Reverend Dr. Brent Hawkes, C.M., O.N.B, subject-matter expert
- Bernard Lamarche, art historian and curator
- Ann-Marie Macdonald, O.C., author, actor, playwright, affected community member
- Courtnay McFarlane, visual artist, poet and curator
- Martine Roy, Chair of the Board of Directors, LGBT Purge Fund, and LGBT Purge survivor
- Megan Torza, architect and urban designer
The jury will review the RFQ submissions as well as the final design proposals and be responsible for choosing a final monument design with the input of public and stakeholders.